Tuck and Robin Lakes Backpacking | Alpine Lakes Wilderness, WA

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Naturebat

Re: Tuck and Robin Lakes Backpacking | Alpine Lakes Wilderness, WA

Post by Naturebat » January 14th, 2019, 9:34 pm

olderthanIusedtobe wrote:
January 11th, 2019, 2:13 pm
Nice photos and video. Beautiful place. I've enjoyed several trips up there.
Thank you! It is a stunning area; if I were to return, definitely would do it on a week day, again.

turboherb wrote:
January 9th, 2019, 10:36 am
Thank you for allowing me to relive my many trips into Tuck and Robin. I have camped the same place you did and also between the potholes which is a great site. There is a third pothole higher up the hillside as well. There used to be a lake below the potholes that was acessed via a steep and very rocky trail that started at the far end of the middle pothole. Last time I was there that lake was gone. It had dried up and wI as now a field of wild flowers. I started going there when they put restrictions on the Enchantments as that had been my go to place every August. Did you get up to the French potholes above upper Robin? Beautiful area and well worth the effort to get there. Mid week is definitely the best time to be there.

Thank you! I remember spotting quite a few social trails down there around the Granite Mtn. Potholes.

I didn't get up to the French potholes; I didn't realize you could get there via trails. I only spotted trails up Trico Mountain and Granite Mountain on Google Earth. If I went back there, I'm definitely going to have to stay a while longer to do more exploring up there. The possibilities for day-hiking based out of Robin Lakes seems endless.
- Previously ElementalFX

Don Nelsen

Re: Tuck and Robin Lakes Backpacking | Alpine Lakes Wilderness, WA

Post by Don Nelsen » January 16th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Great photos! Thanks for the TR.
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller