Bagby Trail to Silver King Lk Nov 2018

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
dfs1109

Bagby Trail to Silver King Lk Nov 2018

Post by dfs1109 » November 21st, 2018, 9:37 am

Beautiful forest with carpet moss through out most of the trail. Easy to follow but with several downed trees across the trail between the hot springs and the lake.

GPS track is for one way only, accidently deleted the other half :(
https://www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/spatial ... &maptype=H

ImageSilver King Lake frozen over.
"Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first?" Peter Pan

greenjello85

Re: Bagby Trail to Silver King Lk Nov 2018

Post by greenjello85 » November 22nd, 2018, 9:04 pm

Nice Hike! I've been to silver king lake several times but never from bagby as I'm always worried about leaving my car at that trailhead. I think it's grown less sketchy over the years but I still remember it from when I first started going into the bull. Cars were broken into or vandalized constantly. The lakes frozen already? Winter is coming.
~Dan

RobFromRedland

Re: Bagby Trail to Silver King Lk Nov 2018

Post by RobFromRedland » November 23rd, 2018, 9:56 am

That was a pretty good romp! I did that quite a few years ago - the trail gets much fainter as you leave the hot springs, but it is really pretty-it feels really wild. I love Silver King Lake - it is quite beautiful there. Was up at Cottonwood meadows last weekend and the lakes/meadows/swamps up there were mostly frozen too. Winter is coming.....

Thanks for posting!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: WOW! What a ride! - Hunter S. Thompson