Road to Vista Ridge Trailhead closed

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Chip Down

Re: Road to Vista Ridge Trailhead closed

Post by Chip Down » November 17th, 2018, 10:59 pm

Zigzag might be the best approach for a while. Fortunately, I took that route up, and got shut down on my descent to Dee.
Attachments
a.jpg
Yes, that's actually the road, as seen through my windshield.
b.jpg
c.jpg

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » November 17th, 2018, 11:18 pm

On your descent to Dee, or to Parkdale? Unless the map is wrong, the Dee route (via Lost Lake Road) should still be OK.

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » November 17th, 2018, 11:42 pm

The blocked road goes to Dee or Parkdale, but yeah, you're right, I think it's typically considered the Parkdale route.
From what I saw, there seems to be multiple closures. I'd be leery of anything besides the ZZ route.
A moot point I suppose, considering nobody in their right mind is going up Vista Ridge these days.
Field guide is wrong; it's not at all crowded! Parking area was empty when I arrived and empty when I left.

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » November 18th, 2018, 2:09 am

Sorry if I steered you wrong! However the text states that the Dee route is viable:
From Hood River, visitors to Vista Ridge Trail should turn onto the 13 Road, which connects to Lolo Pass Road in the town of Dee, Oregon.
Why is it (implied) crazy to hike Vista Ridge now? I would like to see snow below the bleached trees, but I would need to time it so the road was still passable.