West Fork Lostine River - 6/20/17

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
daver

Re: West Fork Lostine River - 6/20/17

Post by daver » July 1st, 2017, 7:42 am

bwells1989 wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I'd be interested to hear how your buddy's trip on the south side goes. We were planning going up 1910 from East Eagle in the south in the coming weeks. Guess we're rolling the dice about getting up Horton Pass or any others. Might be a game time decision whether to take one or all spikes/axe/snowshoes.
Sorry I didn't get back. Turns out she is actually up there this weekend. The snow is coming off fast. I will try to get an update from her.

daver

Re: West Fork Lostine River - 6/20/17

Post by daver » July 6th, 2017, 4:37 am

bwells1989 wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I'd be interested to hear how your buddy's trip on the south side goes. We were planning going up 1910 from East Eagle in the south in the coming weeks. Guess we're rolling the dice about getting up Horton Pass or any others. Might be a game time decision whether to take one or all spikes/axe/snowshoes.
So she made her trip up East Eagle over the 4th weekend. She said they were pretty much confined to the bottom as they could not get across the creek. She showed me some insane footage of the creek blasting this giant boulder. There were apparently quite a few people. There was a couple with snow shoes, but she does not know how they faired. High water obstacles appear to be the greatest problem and made for a lot of people just heading back and forth on the trail through the bottom. She said snow level appeared to be getting up around 7500 ft perhaps.