WA PCT, Sect. J: The Alpine Lakes!

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
RobinB

Re: WA PCT, Sect. J: The Alpine Lakes!

Post by RobinB » September 18th, 2016, 5:51 pm

anne37 wrote:This might be one of my favorite trips reports ever both in terms of locale and story. I love Mount Daniel and seeing those pictures of the hard-to-get-to Spectacle Lake gave me goosebumps, but I have to say you really are an exceptional writer!
Oh wow, thank you so much! I really really appreciate it.

anne37

Post by anne37 » September 19th, 2016, 12:30 am

Well, I mean, you could put this on a book jacket and I would buy the book: "And I started to cry in that way you only do when you've grown up, not exactly at being sad, but at being acutely confronted by life's shape. At the strangeness of time. At the worlds you built with your brother at the edge of the lake."

bobcat

Post by bobcat » September 19th, 2016, 3:33 pm

Just to echo the sentiments of others: beautiful prose, amazing photos! I hope you keep going back to those areas and posting here . . .

UTurn

Post by UTurn » September 20th, 2016, 12:30 pm

anne37 wrote:This might be one of my favorite trips reports ever both in terms of locale and story. .............I have to say you really are an exceptional writer!
I second this. Like reading a book with the most beautiful illustrations.

RobinB

Post by RobinB » September 20th, 2016, 8:15 pm

bobcat wrote:Just to echo the sentiments of others: beautiful prose, amazing photos! I hope you keep going back to those areas and posting here . . .
Thank you! There's so much to explore up there, the trouble's going to be wanting to go back too often.
UTurn wrote:Like reading a book with the most beautiful illustrations.
That's so nice to hear, thank you! It felt a little self-indulgent when I was writing it.

olderthanIusedtobe

Post by olderthanIusedtobe » September 22nd, 2016, 9:44 am

I can tell you put a lot of time and effort into these TRs...but the anticipation for the last installment of your PCT journey is killing me!

mjirving

Post by mjirving » October 7th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Awesome report Robin! Both the pics and the words were fantastic. It was so fun to see what it looks like with good weather and no smoke. It's kind of crazy that we didn't see Mt Rainier for the entire hike, when it's right there.

Mike

RobinB

Post by RobinB » October 9th, 2018, 10:19 am

mjirving wrote:
October 7th, 2018, 1:50 pm
Awesome report Robin! Both the pics and the words were fantastic. It was so fun to see what it looks like with good weather and no smoke. It's kind of crazy that we didn't see Mt Rainier for the entire hike, when it's right there.
Thanks so much, Mike! It looks like you had a beautiful trip all the same, but yea: I felt super lucky to get the sun and clear skies I did.