Walupt Lake to White Pass, Goat Rocks July 25-29, 2016

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
buckwheat

Re: Walupt Lake to White Pass, Goat Rocks July 25-29, 2016

Post by buckwheat » September 19th, 2019, 4:09 pm

This is pretty much the hike I am planning on doing this weekend. Or at least as similar as I could hope for a trip report about. I've only got 3 days, and I didn't want to make my girlfriend drive 8 hours roundtrip from Corvallis to shuttle me from one end to the other, so I am altering my original plans, and think I am going to car camp at the Walupt TH Friday night, and then on Saturday hike over to the Tieton Pass / Lutz Lake area, and camp. Sunday will be a hike down to Berry Patch/Snowgrass TH, camp near there, and then hike back to Walupt Monday morning.

Thanks for all the encouraging pictures, and wonderful descriptions, but I can't wait to see it for myself. I am sure they aren't easy on the feet miles, but they definitely look easy on the eyes. I'll post a trip report probably on Tuesday once I've had a chance to rest. Right now the weather is showing as great on Saturday, with chances of rain on Sunday, so I'll have to pack my coat, but I wanted to get up there before things got snowy/icy, and this might be the last weekend of the year, I can do that.

Had you done any prep work, or been there before TexasBB, or was this trip your first foray into Goat Rocks, you said you 'led a small group', so I assume you'd been there before?

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » September 20th, 2019, 5:58 am

A month ago I did Berry Patch, Goat Lake, most of the way up Old Snowy, Sheep Lake (above Walupt), Snowgrass Flat. That was pretty good.

Be flexible about your plans, weather could deteriorate.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » September 20th, 2019, 6:00 am

I just looked at page 1 - Aug 5 I suggested the same. I guess I then took my own advice :)

texasbb

Post by texasbb » September 20th, 2019, 6:08 pm

buckwheat wrote:
September 19th, 2019, 4:09 pm
Had you done any prep work, or been there before TexasBB, or was this trip your first foray into Goat Rocks, you said you 'led a small group', so I assume you'd been there before?
Yes, I'd been there many times, though this was the first time I hiked all the way through to White Pass. Hope you're having a great time!