Update: Wind River Hot Springs

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
ryanpatrickfrench

Update: Wind River Hot Springs

Post by ryanpatrickfrench » July 13th, 2015, 2:56 pm

On July 8th some friends and I ventured out to the hot springs for some soaking. We waited until evening in hopes it would be cooler out, and it was! We approached from the south by parking at the resort walking down to the river, wading across and rock hopping up the eastern bank for close to a mile. Due to the low water levels the wading and rock hopping was a breeze but I wouldn't recommend it during the spring snow melt. Water shoes are nice but not necessary. Anyways, we arrived at the springs to find that the largest pool (and supposedly the hottest) was stone cold! The smaller pool down stream was still warm (not hot) but was quite shallow and can only comfortably fit 3 people and snugly 4 people. (We fit 6 haha :D )

It was still worth our effort we decided but if you are expecting a large soaking pool at 105 degrees don't come here. Given the large amount of access issues I would recommend going to one of the other fabulous hot springs in the region.

P.S
Trekking back to our car in the dark (even with headlamps) proved to be very dangerous so even if soaking under the stars sounds ideal you might fall off a cliff and die soooo.....