Wildcat Creek (New Chinook Falls bridge being created now)

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Hagbard Celine

Wildcat Creek (New Chinook Falls bridge being created now)

Post by Hagbard Celine » June 23rd, 2015, 9:47 pm

My son and I with a family friend stayed a night at Siouxon Creek with the intent of fording the creek the next morning and exploring Wildcat creek and trails. Day one was beautiful as always, Siouxon is one of my favorite places in the world. We ran into a 6 man crew hiking in a ton of equipment and supplies and I was told that they are staying until Friday to dismantle the old bridge and mill a new one on the spot, with a possibility of having to return for a few days next week depending on how lucky they get finding suitable wood. So that's cool! :mrgreen: That would be awesome, getting paid to backpack and woodwork. Thanks for the work guys, look forward to seeing the new bridge.

Day 2 we crossed over to Wildcat Creek and never got the chance to explore the trail too much as we spent all day just playing up and down the creeks many waterfalls and opal pools.

One of the many pools we found...

What I'm assuming is the lowest tier of Wildcat Falls...

My boy getting in some meditation while I head deeper in...

Here he is again, just having some fun. I love this picture and I have no idea why it looks like that. I had it on the same setting as for the rest of my shots.

The always photogenic Buddy the dog.

And finally when we were headed in we found at least 5 of these on trail...

I have many more shots of Wildcat Creek posting just a few representative shots to leave most of the wonder and surprise that is waiting to be found in the area for the curious to see for themselves. It was a great couple of days.
“I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
― Booker T. Washington