Lush and green at Siouxon Creek - 6/14/2014

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
Rustygoat

Re: Lush and green at Siouxon Creek - 6/14/2014

Post by Rustygoat » June 18th, 2014, 8:13 pm

Great pictures as usual Cheryl! What is up with the ribbons on the bridge? I read that there was something wrong with the bridge but it looks the same as I saw it last year. I hope it is still passable. Thank you for sharing. :)
Tim

Chasing waterfalls can be addictive.
NW Off-trail Waterfalls -Facebook Group

Peder

Post by Peder » June 18th, 2014, 9:19 pm

Great TR and beautiful pictures! I did the same hike with my 82 y.o. Mother a few days before you, we had the place to ourselves during the morning hours...
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

justpeachy

Post by justpeachy » June 19th, 2014, 6:08 am

Rustygoat wrote:What is up with the ribbons on the bridge? I read that there was something wrong with the bridge but it looks the same as I saw it last year. I hope it is still passable.
The handrails one one side are damaged or rotting or something. They are still in position but it looked to me like if you leaned on them too hard the rails might give way.

greglief

Post by greglief » June 22nd, 2014, 2:25 pm

I agree with Karl... the oxalis photo is my favorite. Green! :)

As to the weird-looking Aarn pack, yeah, it's a bit... er... different. :? I had never heard of them until Joe (PH handle "potato") recommended it to me. It is serving him well as he thru-hikes the PCT this summer. For Siouxon Creek, I crammed it full with nearly everything that I would need on a "normal" backpacking trek. It felt comfortable from the very first step. This is the first time in my life that a pack has felt heavier when I took it off than when I was wearing it! As I become more accustomed to it and learn how to make additional adjustments, I will appreciate it even more.
Greg Lief
OregonWildflowers.org - locations, trip reports, user forum, et cetera
Greg's Back