A recliner hike around the North and Middle Sister

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
mayhem

Re: A recliner hike around the North and Middle Sister

Post by mayhem » July 28th, 2013, 5:23 pm

Serious retro pic! OK!! it all makes sense now. A great physical specimen when your younger makes for great great physical specimen when older as long as you keep on keeping on! Forget the TR I cannot get over the Pic of you ready to tackle a bear or some other animal bare handed. You look liked some kind of serious badass!!

OK now great TR :)
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » July 28th, 2013, 6:05 pm

mayhem wrote:Serious retro pic! OK!! it all makes sense now. A great physical specimen when your younger makes for great great physical specimen when older as long as you keep on keeping on! Forget the TR I cannot get over the Pic of you ready to tackle a bear or some other animal bare handed. You look liked some kind of serious badass!!

OK now great TR :)
Holy cow, Mark - I am humbled by your comments!!! But really, I am nothing special - just a guy who had the good fortune to discover running, hiking and exploring and to find some great friends - that includes you - in the process.

But also, "...keep on keeping on..." as you say is all important! It is a lifestyle decision: As Newton’s first law stated: "…an object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction…”. I have made the decision to stay in motion- as have you – life is good!!

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » July 28th, 2013, 6:10 pm

Unlike, is it Peder?, who is going to get fit when he's 80?

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » July 28th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Don, didn't you also say something like the more do you do the more you can do? Reminds me of the
staying in motion thing you mentioned above :)

I hope when I'm 80 I can be in Peder hiking shape too!

hikerbot

Post by hikerbot » July 29th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Thanks for another great TR DN. I love the 1979 comparison shots!

Your report could not have been more timely, as I am leading a group up to the Chambers Lake area via the Obsidian zone in a couple weeks.

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » July 29th, 2013, 2:32 pm

hikerbot wrote:Thanks for another great TR DN. I love the 1979 comparison shots!

Your report could not have been more timely, as I am leading a group up to the Chambers Lake area via the Obsidian zone in a couple weeks.
Hi Stacey,

Thanks for the comments! It is such a great area I think I will do another loop later this year but from the south. If you haven't been through the pass from the west before, don't worry about not seeing the use trail when you exit off of the PCT - you will eventually find it once the valley narrows.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller