South Sister Summit Sunrise Solitude, 5/6-July-2013

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
kepPNW

Re: South Sister Summit Sunrise Solitude, 5/6-July-2013

Post by kepPNW » July 27th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Splintercat wrote:Aha! Well, as long as you don't mind a "*" next to your names in the record books, then you're okay..! (not that we're going to tell) Say "hello" to Pete Rose, Mark McGwire and Barry Bonds for us, too..! :D
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints? ;)
Splintercat wrote:(my drug of choice is decidedly less high-brow: Mountain Dew Throwback... well, technically, a couple of Advil, with a MD chaser...)
I really need to start a thread about coffee alternatives, for these impromptu overnights. First time I tried one of those things, to be honest. "Didn't suck." :)

Ibuprofin is a given on any hike, yeah! Heh...
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

mayhem

Post by mayhem » July 28th, 2013, 5:16 pm

Yep Best TR EVER!! No Bammm is big enough so just pretend this Bammm is big enough! I'm guessing when you guys got to the top you stopped talking to each other & looked in opposite directions, because 2 does not equal solitude...does it? I had to throw a turd into a otherwise perfect TR :)
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » July 29th, 2013, 5:43 am

mayhem wrote:Yep Best TR EVER!! No Bammm is big enough so just pretend this Bammm is big enough! I'm guessing when you guys got to the top you stopped talking to each other & looked in opposite directions, because 2 does not equal solitude...does it? I had to throw a turd into a otherwise perfect TR :)
:lol:

Y'know, we did spend probably half (or more?) the time just gazing off at the scenery in our own directions, soaking it up. I think I have a few distance shots of Peder included, no? It was a lot to take in! And both of us seemed to sense the urgent need to do so, after having made it there for the opportunity. (As I remember, we only had three hours or so "to kill" before heading back down! :D)

We had plenty of chat time on the trek up in the dark, and the slipslide down past all the day scramblers in the morning.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...