South to the sunshine, Clear Lake 11/5

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
pdxgene

South to the sunshine, Clear Lake 11/5

Post by pdxgene » November 5th, 2012, 5:56 pm

Unable to find anyone else to come along I took off under a driving rainstorm this morning hoping that the mostly sunny and 66 forecast for Clear Lake would actually come true. Three cheers to the folks (computers?) at NOAA for hitting this one right on. Pretty much had to be called a PFA day (pretty XXXXing amazing). This place is a photographer's dream. Different colors, shapes, textures every time you go. I have to be mean and put the first one out of order but after that follow me around once by land and again by sea. Watch for the ever moving fog bank, a ghost in the forest and the reflection of my kayak twenty feet down but looking like it's only a foot with the water clarity. Photo descriptions reside here..
http://picasaweb.google.com/pdxgene/ClearLake5
Oh yeah, it's 130 miles from the 217/I-5 merge. All freeway. I made it in 2 1/4 hours. A touch above the speed limits.. :D The resort and cabins are open year round. The roads are all plowed to get there. Park info here http://www.linnparks.com/pages/parks/clearlake.html
You may recognize some of their photos... What a day!!
Off we go...

CuriousGorgeGuide

Re: South to the sunshine, Clear Lake 11/5

Post by CuriousGorgeGuide » November 5th, 2012, 11:46 pm

Gene, good on ya!! I got a clear no-wind day on the lake about 6 weeeks ago...it sure is magical!! But, you didn't seem as obcessed with taking photos of the submerged stump forest as I did. God, I just couldn't stop--it was one of my neatest paddling days EVER...ANYWHERE!! I'm jealous of your autumn colors though--WOW!!
I'll include a few of my stump pix here:
IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0079.jpg

harrybro

Post by harrybro » November 6th, 2012, 4:02 am

very nice images of nature...
harrybro

pdxgene

Post by pdxgene » November 6th, 2012, 8:03 am

CuriousGorgeGuide wrote:Gene, good on ya!! I got a clear no-wind day on the lake about 6 weeeks ago...it sure is magical!! But, you didn't seem as obcessed with taking photos of the submerged stump forest as I did. God, I just couldn't stop--it was one of my neatest paddling days EVER...ANYWHERE!! I'm jealous of your autumn colors though--WOW!!
I'll include a few of my stump pix here:
IMG_0064.jpg
IMG_0099.JPG
IMG_0079.jpg
Thanx Scott!
I had better light on them a month or so ago...

I might've lost a lenscap there that time. keep an eye out for it. It'll sure outlive me now being down there if that's where it fell :roll:

CuriousGorgeGuide

Post by CuriousGorgeGuide » November 9th, 2012, 9:44 am

Ok, I'll look for it...but if I see it I probably won't dive dowwn to retrieve it---hahahahaha