Two Chiefs Trail Table Mountain 6-19-08

This forum is used to share your experiences out on the trails.
meana39

Two Chiefs Trail Table Mountain 6-19-08

Post by meana39 » June 20th, 2008, 8:07 pm

My 12 y/o Malia, Rosie the dog and I started out hike from the Aldrich Butte trailhead at 8:45 am. We reached Carpenter Lake 35 minutes later, and headed towards the Pacific Crest Trail intersection. Once you intersect with this trail you continue straight on the Two Chiefs Trail towards Papoose rock and a wonderful view standing below the Two Chiefs and Table Mountain.
tablemount.jpg
The view of Table Mountain.
twochiefs.jpg
The Two Chiefs, they looked as tall as Table Mountain from this vantage point.
mountainpaint.jpg
Some Indian Paintbrush along the trail.
maliarosie.jpg
My daughter Malia and Rosie under the "Table"
It took us 2 1/2 hours to reach this viewpoint, after a break in the shade we hiked another 10-15 minutes to a waterfall, which was flowing pretty good, so decided on our turning back at this point. We were just below that new landslide and I snapped a couple photos of it as well.
rockslide.jpg
A view of the rockslide from the viewpoint below Table Mountain.
rockslide2.jpg
My first view of the rockslide through the trees on the trail.
A lovely hike, Rosie was able to be off leash the entire day as we didn't see another person the whole time, arriving back at the car at 2:15pm.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir

Delfiin

Re: Two Chiefs Trail Table Mountain 6-19-08

Post by Delfiin » June 20th, 2008, 8:31 pm

Great pictures. Do you know how long the hike was all together?

meana39

Re: Two Chiefs Trail Table Mountain 6-19-08

Post by meana39 » June 20th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Delfiin wrote:Great pictures. Do you know how long the hike was all together?
I'm not quite sure of the mileage.....my guess would be about 4 miles (8 round trip)...I just looked at the field guide and I think the falls we found are the Greenleaf Falls....so here is the link to that trail, which I believe is the one we took.

http://www.portlandhikersfieldguide.org ... Falls_Hike

It says 7.8 miles round trip which taking into consideration how slow I hike and the time, seems about right.
Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves. ~John Muir