Backyard video tour...

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
pyles_94

Backyard video tour...

Post by pyles_94 » August 18th, 2008, 7:58 pm

my backyard is a great place in the summer.... what usually is under up to three feet of cold swamp water turns into a great little patch of forest complete with unofficial trails and even a tiny creek! i randomly took this video of a short stretch of trail with some cool willow trees and stuff. i think in my backyard i could hike about 1/2 mile on all these trails ive made.... cool place!

heres a link to a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpJb5IAztM8&feature=user
Jamey Pyles

Splintercat

Re: Backyard video tour...

Post by Splintercat » August 20th, 2008, 6:25 am

That's a pretty cool backyard, Jamey - do you live up against a park? Looks like the bayou... in fact, your video technique would make for a pretty good Blair Witch Project in the bayou..! :D

Tom

pyles_94

Post by pyles_94 » August 20th, 2008, 10:34 am

no its just greenspace, but the swamp in the old days used to run from milwaukie to the clackamas river. this part was preserved, and one guy owns three pieces of property behind my neighbor hood. he lets everybody go back there, as long as you keep the trails rough and dont leave any permanent structures. we also get tons of ducks and such in my backyard, right up close in the winter. sometimes even mandarin ducks!
Jamey Pyles

-Q-

Post by -Q- » August 20th, 2008, 10:40 am

Is that near International Way in Milwaukie? Looks like a Preserve I checked out during my lunch hours while working there.

pyles_94

Post by pyles_94 » August 20th, 2008, 11:52 am

no, its about a mile or two south of that....
Jamey Pyles