wanted fugitive hiking pacific nw

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
joels

wanted fugitive hiking pacific nw

Post by joels » August 15th, 2008, 4:52 am

I am writing to ask for your help. Almost a year ago my mother (a 62 year old retired school teacher) was held against her will and raped in her home in Massachusetts. Since then the man hunt for Michael Bresnahan has been underway. Michael Bresnahan is on Massachusetts State Police Most Wanted list.
The Mass State Police, Oregon State Police & US Marshals have reason to believe that Bresnahan has plans hitch hike with truckers and possibly hike the Pacific Crest Trail. He was confirmed to be in Springfield Oregon about a week ago buying camping equipment in Wal-Mart. I have attach some links and also the wanted poster below. You can also find all the information directly from the authorities on line.

Hikers in these areas should be made aware of this situation, for their own safety and for the public's general safety.

Please let me know your opinion on how we could disseminate this information. Bresnahan should be considered armed and dangerous..

Thank you for any help you can provide,
Joel
Americas Most Wanted
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=54333
Mass State Police Wanted Poster
http://www.mass.gov/Eeops/docs/msp/want ... ichael.pdf

Cattrapper

Re: wanted fugitive hiking pacific nw

Post by Cattrapper » August 15th, 2008, 11:41 am

I sure hope they catch this guy! Maybe anyone who's planning to do any hiking on, or near the PCT could print out this guys wanted poster and put them up at trailheads. Of course, then you run the risk of tipping him off that the authorities know he's in the area, but at least it would get the word out to folks who're on the PCT to keep an eye out for him.
"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live." Tom McCall

joels

Post by joels » August 18th, 2008, 7:11 am

cattrapper-

Thanks for checking this out.

Hopefully he will be caught soon. Latest info suggest he has headed east to Bend, OR.

Take Care
Joel S.

yosemite hiker

Post by yosemite hiker » August 18th, 2008, 2:43 pm

I think I ran into this guy on the PCT going through the obsidian area on my Three Sisters loop. (Aug 2-7)

I hear this guy yelling at me from up the trail "Is this the PCT?". We stopped and chatted (he was very chatty!) I noticed he had new looking equipment that did not look high quality and was a large pack for his size. He said he was "thru hiking the PCT...maybe exiting at Elk Lake." (Not much of a thru hike since he had only been out one night so far.) At any rate he was a drifter. Said he worked construction and just kind of went where ever. The picture in the first link with hair slicked back was what looked familiar to me. He had a small pony tail, but I can't tell if there is one in the picture.

Whether it was him or not I sure hope they catch up to him.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » August 18th, 2008, 3:29 pm

Did you report to them your observation?

Cattrapper

Post by Cattrapper » August 19th, 2008, 12:35 am

CAPTURED!!!

I just looked at the AMW link above and it says he was arrested by Cottage Grove police on the 18th.
"Come visit us again and again. This is a state of excitement. But for heaven's sake, don't move here to live." Tom McCall

joels

Post by joels » August 19th, 2008, 2:55 am

We were informed by the Mass State Police last night that the fugitive has been captured.

Thank you all for your help. This is great news! The world is a safer place today.

Thanks Again.