where are you headed this weekend?

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
pyles_94

Re: where are you headed this weekend?

Post by pyles_94 » July 16th, 2008, 1:29 pm

i think im goin' to viento creek to explore sometime this week.... but it depends on if my friend wants to... but i think it sounds just fine.
Jamey Pyles

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » July 17th, 2008, 6:42 pm

anna in boots wrote:That's awesome, Matt! What's the first place you're Jonesing to hike? After the jetlag wears off, that is.

anna in boots
I'm still trying to figure out where I want to go first. I'm in Illinois right now, so I'm Jonesing for ANYTHING, honestly. Everybody have fun this weekend!
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » July 21st, 2008, 8:33 am

I probably flew over a few of you yesterday at about a quarter to ten as my plane went right over the north side of Mt. Hood. It was clear, though a bit hazy, and I had fun identifying various ridges and spots on the mountain, and then the Bull Run watershed. I saw Mt. Jefferson before I saw Mt. Hood and that's when I started getting excited.

It feels good to be back.
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

pyles_94

Post by pyles_94 » July 21st, 2008, 10:06 am

welcome back matt!
Jamey Pyles