Three Cheers

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
walrus

Three Cheers

Post by walrus » October 1st, 2022, 7:59 pm

Mostly to 44 Trails - my father and I made our annual hike up to Bonney Butte/Boulder Lakes and were greatly cheered by the following:
  • Lots of evidence of recent trailwork- deadfall cleared, trails brushed, etc (44 Trails had a recent work party up there)
  • Met a very nice person who was volunteering his weekend (also 44 Trails) to log out the trail via dirt bike
  • Found the hat my father had lost on last year's trip hanging on a sign post - how delightful to be reunited!
Thank you, kind person who hung up the hat - I know I always wonder when I drape a glove or lean a lonely pole on a sign if anyone will ever find it - this one was found by its owner and is off to have a bath.

retired jerry

Re: Three Cheers

Post by retired jerry » October 2nd, 2022, 6:16 am

yeah, thanks to people cleaning out trails

I have often wondered if anyone ever picks up items left on post. Amazing you found your hat a year later.

Once I camped somewhere and found a tent stake. The one I accidentally left a year earlier.

drm

Re: Three Cheers

Post by drm » October 2nd, 2022, 7:17 am

I ran into a couple of forest service folks in Indian Heaven. I thanked them for working on trails, and they said they weren't doing that, they were cleaning up messes left by hikers. They had shovels with them.