so, how many miles did you manage in 2021

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
ChrisA

Re: so, how many miles did you manage in 2021

Post by ChrisA » January 9th, 2022, 4:10 pm

I have been inspired by this group and the encouragement to get outside. I was able to get about 490 miles of outings - which included some snowshoeing around Mount Hood, urban trails in Vancouver, lots of wildflowers, and some out of area trips.

Over Memorial Day weekend, we visited our daughter in Oklahoma City and they took us to the Wichita Mountains. That was fun, we went past Prairie Dog village and saw a cottonmouth swimming in the creek backwater. Also saw a dead tarantula on the road. There were lots of wildflowers.

July/August took us to Colorado and Wyoming for my wife's family reunion. Took some walks in the hills around Rawlins, WY and also at Curt Gowdy state park. The state park was great. We also visited the Garden of the Gods and some nature preserve near Colorado springs.

While in Florida for a niece's wedding on Labor Day weekend we were able to get a short walk in on a trail at the resort. 90 degrees and dewpoints in the 70's were challenging!

We were able to get on lots of trails that were new to us, and I am thankful for the trail reports and field guide.

Happy Hiking in 2022!