Gorge waterfall corridor shuttle

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
squidvicious

Gorge waterfall corridor shuttle

Post by squidvicious » May 3rd, 2021, 11:27 am

Noticed these signs for shuttle stops appearing in the gorge today:
https://sasquatchshuttle.com

First I've heard of this. It's a hop on, hop off shuttle, tickets $10 for a day pass plus $5 for parking, which appears to be by the Bridal Veil post office. Privately operated. Stops at
  • Portland Women's Forum
  • Vista House
  • Latourell Falls
  • Bridal Veil Falls
  • Angel's Rest
  • Wahkeena Falls
  • Multnomah Falls
  • Horsetail Falls
There's live online location tracking of the shuttle. I only see one vehicle on that tracking map, but I'd hope that would change on weekends in peak season. Not sure how long it takes for it to make the full loop.

I've long felt that a hop on, hop off shuttle is exactly what that area needed, if it's done right. Be curious to see if this company will do it right. I'm a bit put off that they're charging for parking on their lot rather than including it with the pass price, as I think people will respond by continuing to park for free at the usual lots but now just have that spot blocked off all day while they ride around on the shuttle. Not an improvement there.

Has anyone seen this thing? Wondering what exactly they're driving. Hopefully just an airport-shuttle sized bus instead of one of the full-sized coach buses that one tour company operates/operated that are always such fun to find coming at you on the wrong size of the road because they're too big to navigate the turns on the HCRH.

ed: found the facebook. looks to be an old schoolbus. not high hopes for there to be more than one of them

Webfoot

Re: Gorge waterfall corridor shuttle

Post by Webfoot » May 3rd, 2021, 11:52 am

squidvicious wrote:
May 3rd, 2021, 11:27 am
Hopefully just an airport-shuttle sized bus instead of one of the full-sized coach buses that one tour company operates/operated that are always such fun to find coming at you on the wrong size of the road because they're too big to navigate the turns on the HCRH.
Those things are a hazard. Aren't there any size restrictions on that road?

greglief

New Gorge Shuttle

Post by greglief » June 9th, 2021, 5:15 pm

Sasquatch Shuttle has seven stops between Vista House and Horsetail Falls. The "hub" is near the Bridal Veil Post Office. Info can be found at https://sasquatchshuttle.com/

(I am not affiliated to Sasquatch Shuttle in any way.)
Greg Lief
OregonWildflowers.org - locations, trip reports, user forum, et cetera
Greg's Back

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » June 10th, 2021, 11:50 am

Looks like the state's all in. ODOT crews have been out lately laying these down
20210610_081405.jpg

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » June 10th, 2021, 11:53 am

I wonder what it takes to get ODOT to collude with you? I could use a few Webfoot Reserved Parking spots. :P