Washington DNR poisoned me!

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
Chip Down

Washington DNR poisoned me!

Post by Chip Down » June 17th, 2020, 7:20 pm

Yeah, the title is clickbait :D

I was walking down a trail, back the way I came (returning to my car). Approached a road crossing. Surprised to see vehicles, as most of the roads I encountered today were very rugged. I guess this one must be pretty smooth all the way down to the main road. One of the vehicles was a tanker truck. As I got closer to the road, I noticed they were spraying the road, and I saw a warning sign indicating the area was being treated with herbicide. Sign says entry is restricted for 48 hours after spraying. So how the heck am I supposed to get back to my car?! Not cool that they posted these signs as they were spraying, rather than in advance.

Pic below was one of many others I encountered on my return trip. Posted because it's the most aesthetic of the bunch.
Attachments
20200617_142523.jpg

Limey

Re: Washington DNR poisoned me!

Post by Limey » June 18th, 2020, 8:38 am

Geez Chip, I used to drink Mad Dog back in the day, I suspect it's not the same product but the effects it had on the body would make one wonder.

DNR really should have pre-posted the intent to spray.

texasbb

Post by texasbb » June 18th, 2020, 7:19 pm

That really is an aesthetically pleasing sign! :lol:

dddddddddd98104

Post by dddddddddd98104 » July 13th, 2020, 8:02 pm

Looks like Laura left her number. I'd say she's due for a call.

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » July 16th, 2020, 6:28 pm

dddddddddd98104 wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 8:02 pm
Looks like Laura left her number. I'd say she's due for a call.
Yeah, I was considering that. Here's why I didn't: Ever go through a fast-food drive through and place a simple small order of items selected from the menu board, and your order gets messed up? Ever try to resolve that error and find that the employee is so abysmally lacking in basic intelligence/courtesy/comprehension that you realize you might as well just order a eight-dollar mystery bag of food and be glad for whatever you get?

It could be my fault though. Maybe I'm an idiot. Either way, I'm increasingly skeptical that it's possible for me to engage in meaningful dialogue with other humans.