Crimes near Wind Mountain

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
windmtnpete

Crimes near Wind Mountain

Post by windmtnpete » June 21st, 2019, 9:15 am

Happy Solstice,

I have been dealing with crimes near Wind Mountain the last week. I am a landlord of 3 houses nearby. The latest crime is someone has broken into a car near the trailhead parking area yesterday at Wind Mountain. The hiker has reported this crime to Skamania County Sheriff.

Last week (Tuesday June 11th) there was an arson fire that started on my property. It was around 2 PM and my tenant was in her home when the fire started, she was able to put out the fire. I believe it was started intentionally. The weather was hot & dry and if this fire had spread (crown fire) it would have taken out the communities of Home Valley and Carson. Yes, this is a very serious issue.

Tonight is the big Solstice Party at the end of Wind Mountain Rd. My neighbors have been having this big event for many years (everyone is invited to this free event) and they have been shooting off illegal fireworks at the end. I have been actively trying to stop these fireworks since they pose a safety threat to my people and my property. Unfortunately, the Skamania County Fire Marshal (Marlon Morat) had issued a fireworks permit for this party last year. Skamania County would not tell me if the permit was issued for this year.

I would encourage anyone who is concerned about these fireworks to contact Marlon Morat today and ask if there's been a fireworks permit issued. You can PM me if you need that contact info.

Thanks, Peter
“Not all who wander are lost.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

windmtnpete

Re: Crimes near Wind Mountain

Post by windmtnpete » June 23rd, 2019, 8:03 am

Let us not forget the harm...

https://youtu.be/rOwukN1gXFY
“Not all who wander are lost.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

windmtnpete

Re: Crimes near Wind Mountain