ODOT proposes fees for Gorge waterfall corridor

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
retired jerry

Re: ODOT proposes fees for Gorge waterfall corridor

Post by retired jerry » January 19th, 2019, 9:17 am

Maybe 500 feet west of the Wyeth Campground road. On the other side of that creek.

I would assume the trail is/will be re-opened. There's a sign saying the trailhead is open but I don't know how much of the trail is.

Maybe that trail will be more popular if it's one of few open : ) and if it has a nice parking area you can actually park in because it's not full. Further away from Portland so less busy.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » January 19th, 2019, 9:18 am

25 parking spaces? It seems big enough for more.

I guess if they restrict gorge usage they'll only need 25 spaces :)

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » January 19th, 2019, 9:24 am

They're sure doing some major construction along the freeway. It looks like there will be a hiker/biker trail all along. Maybe entire length of hcrhw. Like they're spending so much on that they won't be able to afford anything else.

Still, it'll be nice to be able to hike the entire distance. Lots of loop opportunities.

Aimless

Post by Aimless » January 19th, 2019, 10:54 am

Given the long lead times required for all the planning, public comments, and coordination of funding, there's a good chance that this project has been on the boards since long before the Eagle Creek fire and it is only now being built, whether or not it makes as much sense now as it did when it was initiated. Government appropriations can't just be shuffled around to new projects at the drop of a hat.

bushwhacker

Post by bushwhacker » February 18th, 2019, 5:15 pm

I see where they are having a meeting to further discuss this ODOT plan on Monday 2/25 at 9am in Portland. If someone has nothing else to do on a Monday at 9am it says they are accepting public comment plus reviewing the feedback on the draft plan. I think most folks here sent in their feedback when the 'implementation plan' was posted. Then they reformatted that and called it the 'draft plan'. Not sure what happened to the 'implementation plan' feedback comments other then as some have commented already maybe they were just ignored.

Here's the link to the details: https://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/Projects/P ... 5-HHCP.pdf

skyblue21

Post by skyblue21 » July 12th, 2019, 7:19 pm

Is the Oneonta trail open now, or can you access from Horsetail Falls?

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » July 13th, 2019, 3:20 am

No, I do not believe that trail open again, nor will it be this year. This is the latest closure map I have seen.