General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
gelle

Missing hiker/Welfare check

Post by gelle » November 1st, 2018, 12:42 pm

Gav9.PNG
Gavin Johnston 28 yo
Gav9.PNG (115.88 KiB) Viewed 2288 times
BOLO
Gavin began his hike on the PCT Oct. 18, 2018. It is believed he was SOBO & was seen once coming off Kendall Katwalk,WA Oct 20 or 21st. He seems to have disappeared after that possible sighting. He has not checked in with anyone after Oct. 18. It is possible he is just continuing his journey & could be nearing or even in the OR area by now.

Gavin is about 5'9" with slim to medium build. He could have a full beard by now. A very striking feature would be his bright sky blue eyes. Altho he is wearing contacts in the photo above, he could be wearing glasses by now. Family & friends would just like to be assured that he is safe.
In addition to his pack he is known to have a blue tent & orange body pad.
I am his grandmother & he lived with me prior to going on this hike. My home phone number 425-355-6532 We screen our calls so Please leave a message. If someone is available we will pick up, otherwise we will call you back. Thank you so much for your time.

gelle

Re: Missing hiker/Welfare check

Post by gelle » November 1st, 2018, 12:53 pm

I hope if there are any hikers going out that you will keep an eye out for Gavin and I would like to see online posts. If you have suggestions, etc., they would be welcome as well. He may or may not be in trouble. His phone has been turned off ever since he left.

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » November 1st, 2018, 1:06 pm

Please also see the NWHikers thread:
Schroder wrote:If anyone sees Gavin, call the Chelan County Sheriff. Their business number is 509-667-6851. Mike McLeod is in charge of the case.
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

gelle

Post by gelle » November 1st, 2018, 1:44 pm

There seems to be a jurisdictional problem since that is Chelan county. I have been told that Mike is no longer working on this here in WA state. Gav might not wish to be found & that is alright too. I would just like to know and be able to tell his mother who resides in OR & his brother that he is ok and I would share that information with the proper authorities at Rivercom 509-663-9911.
Thank you for your input.

gelle

Post by gelle » November 17th, 2018, 10:54 am

UPDATE: There is now an official missing person case for Gavin J. Johnston filed with the Everett, WA. police department. If you have seen or had any contact with Gavin since Oct.17, 2018 please call 425-407-3999 regarding case# 2018-130625.