missing woman April 4, Eagle Creek, anyone see her?

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
squidvicious

Re: missing woman April 4, Eagle Creek, anyone see her?

Post by squidvicious » April 20th, 2017, 8:14 am

rsefstvltrsrhnt wrote:It was reported on Mountain Wave SAR's facebook that she was found at the base of Sorenson Falls.
Well. That matches up with exactly nothing I'd heard or figured. Does tend to resolve one question for me at least--it sounds far less likely that she intentionally went off into the woods to die.

rsefstvltrsrhnt

Re: missing woman April 4, Eagle Creek, anyone see her?

Post by rsefstvltrsrhnt » April 20th, 2017, 4:33 pm

squidvicious wrote:
rsefstvltrsrhnt wrote:It was reported on Mountain Wave SAR's facebook that she was found at the base of Sorenson Falls.
Well. That matches up with exactly nothing I'd heard or figured. Does tend to resolve one question for me at least--it sounds far less likely that she intentionally went off into the woods to die.
Yeah, it seems she was 2.5 miles from her car and 1.5 miles from the start of the trailhead, and various sources were misreporting that. I pinpointed her location out to black bear falls based on initial reporting.

Reading her obituary, I didn't get the impression she was in any way depressed or despondent. Rather it states she specifically moved here because it supported her outdoorsy lifestyle. It seems she may have just slipped in a moment of distraction or misstep at the edge, a common occurrence in the last few gorge deaths I've read about.