Time to order your 2014 Portland Hikers/TKO Calendar!

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
Splintercat

Time to order your 2014 Portland Hikers/TKO Calendar!

Post by Splintercat » December 2nd, 2013, 9:27 pm

It's December, folks, and that means Jamie has put the finishing details on the 2014 Portland Hikers Calendar! Here's how you can get your hot little, Gore-Tex-mittens-with-Merino-wool-lined-inserts on one (or several)! As always, they are professional quality and make for great gifts... so order several! This is a promo of last year's calendar to give you an idea of what it looks like -- and I'll post a preview of this year's calendar once I have it:

The 2014 Calendar details:

- Calendars are $25
- Pre-ordered (and a few on-hand) calendars may be picked up at the December 8th Meet ‘n Deet, way ahead of the holidays
- USPS Mailing is $5 for single calendars, $12 for 3-10 calendars (in a box)
- Mailed option is good through Friday, December 13th
- Mailed calendars will go out on Saturday, December 14th -- almost certainly in time for the holidays, but no guarantees! (Hey, we're not Amazon!)

Sound complicated? It is! Well, sort of, anyway... but for a very good cause: this is our main fundraiser each year, and helps keep Trailkeepers of Oregon and the Portland Hikers forum going! This year, our printer has offered us a very good price, so about $15 of your calendar purchase goes toward keeping TKO and the Portland Hikers community in great shape through the coming year! (you can also deduct that amount on your taxes, as TKO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization).

Here's how you can order your calendar(s):

1. Post a pre-order response to this thread telling me (a) how many calendars you'd like, (b) how you'd like to get them in your hands, and (c) how you plan to pay for them (cash, check or PayPal).

2. Come to the Fourth Annual Winter Meet-n-Deet on December 7th to pick up your calendar -- checks and cash will be accepted there -- or you can pre-pay using the PayPal option, above.

3. For mailed orders, please send me a PM with your mailing address -- this is really important, since PayPal doesn't necessarily provide this info.

4. Mailed calendars must be paid for using the PayPal button located in the upper left corner of the main Portland Hikers page (simply enter your payment amount as a "donation") or with a check made out to Trailkeepers of Oregon and mailed by December 13th to:

Trailkeepers of Oregon
PO Box 14814
Portland, OR 97293

That should cover it, but I've undoubtedly missed a critical detail or two... ;)

Jamie does a really super job on these (thanks, Jamie!) They're professional quality, as is the great photography! (thanks, photographers!) If you entered a photo, you're pretty likely to find it somewhere in this year's edition, since Jamie manages to create a very photo-rich design featuring a LOT of image! We also had some help this year sorting through pictures from a couple of our resident photographers -- much appreciated!

TKO and Portland Hikers will only use these photos once, and only once, for this fundraising event, and only in the printed calendar. You won't find your photos used anywhere else -- it won't ever happen without your prior permission, so no worries.

Thanks, everyone! Get those orders in, we only order a limited quantity each year..!

Tom :)

mileagemike25000

Re: Time to order your 2014 Portland Hikers/TKO Calendar!

Post by mileagemike25000 » December 3rd, 2013, 4:33 am

Tom - I'll take one and pick it up at the Meet-n-Deet on Saturday! I'll be paying by check. Thanks. Mike

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » December 3rd, 2013, 7:29 am

I'm getting one. I'll PM my mailing address. :)
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

rcPDX

Post by rcPDX » December 3rd, 2013, 10:34 am

One for me please. I'll pay cash at the Meet-N-Deet.
THANKS!
Roberta

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » December 3rd, 2013, 11:35 am

One here. Not sure I'll be able to make the Meet n Deet; I'll wait to send Paypal payment until I know for sure and will of course include postage if I can't come. I'll know by Friday.

hikerbot

Post by hikerbot » December 3rd, 2013, 4:08 pm

One, please. I plan to pay cash at the meet & deet.

Splintercat

Post by Splintercat » December 3rd, 2013, 8:24 pm

Thanks, everyone - keep those orders coming... or I'll bring back the ghost of Jerry Lewis for a 24-hour online Portland Hikers telethon..! ;)

Peabody

Post by Peabody » December 4th, 2013, 6:07 am

Splintercat wrote:Thanks, everyone - keep those orders coming... or I'll bring back the ghost of Jerry Lewis for a 24-hour online Portland Hikers telethon..! ;)

Tom,
Maybe you should place this video on a continuous loop on the PH.org home page until the calendars sell out. :D

Dean & Jerry singing We Like to Hike

Put me down for one and I'll pay cash at the Meet & Deet.
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

bobcat

Post by bobcat » December 5th, 2013, 9:20 am

One calendar for me, please. Not sure I can make it to the Meet 'n Deet (conflicting obligations), so I'll have it mailed to me. I'll send a check (including donation).

John

Splintercat

Post by Splintercat » December 5th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Thanks, Peabody & Bobcat!

Jamie just finished a preview version of the calendar, so here's your chance to inspect it more closely... and order lots of copies!

Here's a sampler:

To flip through the entire calendar, use this link (a 5 MB download):

2014 Portland Hikers Calendar

Lots of great photos in there -- nice work, hikers! Now, let's get those orders in..!

Tom :D