Lassie on Mt Hood episodes from 1966

General discussions on hiking in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest
CuriousGorgeGuide

Lassie on Mt Hood episodes from 1966

Post by CuriousGorgeGuide » May 12th, 2013, 12:39 pm

Before Lassie came down to the Gorge to film three episodes in the summer of 1966, including the famed "Lassie on the log flume" episode.....Lassie spent some time up at Mt Hood filming a "thrilling" double episode on the snows of Palmer Glacier above Timberline Lodge. In this riveting double episode Lassie, Ranger Corey and a pilot crash-land on the slopes of Hoodie, injuring both pilot and airplane. A storm approachs from the west, limiting any chance of help/rescue. Wolves come snooping after some choice Lassie munching. Dire times indeed! Thankfully, ever-quick-thinking Corey brainstorms some day-saving unlikelihoods....including fashioning skies to attempt a glacier-slope take-off for 1st-time pilot Corey. Sadly, they have to leave Lassie behind on the snow to be devoured by the Timberline resident wolves. How can be?? Corey puts on his uber-thinking cap and devises a plan to sky-hook Lassie off the slopes after he tries the improbable ski-launch take-off. Fuel is short, no time for a practice run...the wolves are coming...Lassie is pinned down with little hope for survival.......!!!

So, if you want to know what happens....I'll be showing these long-lost little-known episodes next Weds the 15th at Hood River's Center for the Arts in the "big screen" auditorium. As well I'll make a short "Gorge historic secrets" presentation between the Lassie episodes. Stuff you've never heard of...I guarantee it. Costs $5, going to the Center, not me.
http://www.hoodrivernews.com/news/2013/ ... on-may-15/

See ya there I hope.....cheers and woof, scott

raven

Re: Lassie on Mt Hood episodes from 1966

Post by raven » May 17th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Woulda been there if I coulda -- hope you do it again and I can make it.