Found item of value

Lose something on the trail? Find something? Post it here.
Double Tree

Found item of value

Post by Double Tree » October 5th, 2023, 5:00 pm

If you lost an item of value on the Angels Rest trail this afternoon 10/5, respond here to describe. We'll figure out how to get it back to you.

retired jerry

Re: Found item of value

Post by retired jerry » October 5th, 2023, 6:00 pm

Ohhh... I like "if you can guess what it is, you get it"

Was it a watch?

:)

Double Tree

Post by Double Tree » October 5th, 2023, 7:33 pm

Ha no, not a watch. Guess it can't hurt to say - it's a credit card. The owners name is on it of course. Won't be hard to know the owner is the owner. 🙂

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » October 6th, 2023, 5:08 am

that would be pretty hard to guess, and I wouldn't really want someone else's credit card anyway...

I don't want anyone's watch either :)

There must be some way to contact that credit card company

wildcat

Post by wildcat » October 7th, 2023, 9:06 am

The credit card should have a 1-800 customer service number listed on the back. It shouldn't be too difficult to find online if it isn't. Call it, tell them you found this card and ask what to do.... most likely they'll close or suspend the account associated with it, tell you to destroy the card and they'll notify the customer. Hopefully the person will have already noticed it's missing and cancelled it, but you never know.

Myself, whenever I find a stray credit/debit card somewhere I take it home and immediately drop it straight into the shredder. Sucks that they lost their card, but I figure I'm also doing them a favor: better than to have some crook pick it up and wreak financial havoc on some stranger's life, who could already be struggling to get by as it is.
Life in Chacos
nwhikers.net: thewildcat