Lost Black Diamond Trekking Poles - Bald Mtn

Lose something on the trail? Find something? Post it here.
Amberhinx

Lost Black Diamond Trekking Poles - Bald Mtn

Post by Amberhinx » July 11th, 2021, 4:15 pm

I set down my black diamond trekking poles yesterday to change my shoes. I went back later and they were gone. Was on the trail from Top Spur to Muddy Fork near Bald Mountain.

Chip Down

Re: Lost Black Diamond Trekking Poles - Bald Mtn

Post by Chip Down » November 1st, 2021, 9:05 pm

I lent a BD pole to a friend, who set it down and walked away from it. Probably close to where you lost yours. If somebody reports finding a single BD pole on/near Bald Mtn, I'm claiming it. If they find a pair, we'll assume they're yours.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » November 2nd, 2021, 5:28 am

I found a trekking pole floating in the Deschutes River

I used it on a number of trips but kept setting it down at a rest stop and then forgetting it. It was always there when I remembered and went back to get it.

I wonder if that's common, people leaving their pole at rest stops. I haven't seen poles just sitting there when I've been hiking.

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » November 3rd, 2021, 7:51 am

This is part of why I rarely use poles: I stop to take a picture, and then I forget them/it. If I'm lucky, I realize it within half a mile. Once I left a pair on Park Ridge (above Jefferson Park); I didn't get those back.

Aimless

Post by Aimless » November 3rd, 2021, 10:04 am

I keep from forgetting mine at rest stops by strapping it to my pack and forgetting to use it. :D

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » November 3rd, 2021, 11:33 am

Occasionally a trekking pole is good for stream crossing, but I sometimes find a pole that can actually be better.

I was somewhere where there was a pole laying on each side of the crossing. I used the one on my side, then threw it back to maintain order.