US Ski Team pin found

Lose something on the trail? Find something? Post it here.
Chip Down

US Ski Team pin found

Post by Chip Down » September 19th, 2020, 10:14 pm

I wondered if this might be a readily available souvenir. A little research suggests it probably is, but I'm not sure. Hard to imagine a team member would actually wear their pin out and about. Anyway, just in case, posting it.

Bonus L&F: Sausage. I didn't pick it up, but I can tell you where I spotted it, if it's yours.

Why am I even posting this here? Skiers don't hike, do they?
Attachments
pin.jpg
sausage.jpg

retired jerry

Re: US Ski Team pin found

Post by retired jerry » September 20th, 2020, 5:49 am

I didn't lose a ski team pin but I lost a package of sausage

wrapped in plastic, in the snow :)

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » September 20th, 2020, 10:55 am

retired jerry wrote:
September 20th, 2020, 5:49 am
I didn't lose a ski team pin but I lost a package of sausage

wrapped in plastic, in the snow :)
As you're headed up towards the crater, with White River glacier on your right, there's an extremely obvious flat spot around 9800', the last really good viewpoint and rest spot before the final push to Devil's Kitchen. I'm sure you know the place. In fact, I bet you remember pausing there. Maybe it was the last place you saw your sausage. It was just off the ridgecrest to the west. I'm sure by now soomebody has scooped up the can to get a dime back, but I bet your sausage is still there.

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » September 20th, 2020, 11:00 am

I could use a dime, I'll go up and get it :)

Did you go up post Labor Day closure? I wonder if Mt Hood Wilderness is really closed or is it just campgrounds.

Aimless

Post by Aimless » September 20th, 2020, 12:04 pm

From the MHNF website:

"The Mt. Hood National Forest is currently closed to public access, including all campgrounds, day use areas, trails, boat ramps, and more. Forest Service roads are closed to the public across the Mt. Hood National Forest unless you are vacating the Forest."

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » September 22nd, 2020, 1:41 pm

Skiers do hike.
That pin looks like one that the US Ski Team would give for a small contribution. I have several that I haven't taken out of their wrappers. I doubt that someone would be willing to walk back uphill very far to retrieve a pin like that. Back in the day when I thought that the ski team was worthy of support, I gave them enough to get several nice t shirts that I would be willing to walk a ways to recover.