Found iphone - Table Mountain in the Gorge

Lose something on the trail? Find something? Post it here.
Cone-Kicker

Found iphone - Table Mountain in the Gorge

Post by Cone-Kicker » June 12th, 2017, 11:51 am

On 6-10-17 (Saturday) I found an iPhone and turned it into a Sprint store. They called the registered owner (I presume) and left a voice mail. Hoping it gets to the rightful owner.

More info: Amazingly, I found this iPhone on the approach to Table Mountain in the Gorge. It was still on and working despite being waterlogged by the rain (locked and in airplane mode). It was resting in an area that could have hid it for years, had I not looked down just at that right moment, in the right spot.

After perusing several hiker forums for lost & found, to no avail, I took went to the local Apple store, where they informed me, due to policy, they could not receive it and "you might just turn it into the Police - hope for the best". Before I left the store, however, they took a look at the SIM card, which they said was from Sprint. Aha!

So, I contacted my local Sprint store and they said they could try to contact the owner through the code on the SIM card. Wonderful! I went to the local store, they found the registered user, tried reaching them and left a voice mail (this was Sunday, 6-11-17).

Good luck iPhone owner - I did the best I could to get you your phone.

drm

Re: Found iphone - Table Mountain in the Gorge

Post by drm » June 12th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Somebody is fortunate that you were willing to go to all the trouble for their phone.