gpsfly.org gone

Cartography, maps, navigation, GPS and more.
Webfoot

Re: gpsfly.org gone

Post by Webfoot » September 30th, 2018, 2:04 pm

I shouldn't be surprised that someone else here thought of this too. Incidentally I have 7,240 tracks, along with the HTML page for 7,168 of them, which I believe has the author/description embedded. I have the entire thing down to 193MB with the use of 7-zip, and I could probably take it down a little further extracting the .kmz files to .kml allowing solid recompression.

Karl, would you upload a list of the files you have? I'd like to see if you've got any I'm missing, and vice versa.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » September 30th, 2018, 2:19 pm

Webfoot wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 2:04 pm
I shouldn't be surprised that someone else here thought of this too. Incidentally I have 7,240 tracks, along with the HTML page for 7,168 of them, which I believe has the author/description embedded. I have the entire thing down to 193MB with the use of 7-zip, and I could probably take it down a little further extracting the .kmz files to .kml allowing solid recompression.

Karl, would you upload a list of the files you have? I'd like to see if you've got any I'm missing, and vice versa.
Wow! I can't believe there were that many! I was just using NTFS compression on the GPX files, so nowhere near as efficient as zipping them up but still immediately usable.

Yeah, I'll hit ya up on PM, to spare the thread that mess.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » September 30th, 2018, 2:22 pm

Can you attach files to private messages? I didn't think so. A simple attachment here isn't too much mess, is it?

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » September 30th, 2018, 2:26 pm

Webfoot wrote:
September 30th, 2018, 2:22 pm
Can you attach files to private messages? I didn't think so. A simple attachment here isn't too much mess, is it?
See if what I sent will work. If not, sure, I can stick one here. But I'd have to create it first. ;)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...