Missing hiking but love the reports and photos

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
BaileyBoy

Missing hiking but love the reports and photos

Post by BaileyBoy » February 12th, 2010, 6:18 pm

All I can say is wow, some of you folks are getting to some fantastic places this winter and your reports have been great as have been the photos. Some of you must be taking photography classes the quality is so good. Can't wait for my dog Bailey to heal so we can get back on the trails.

He has completely recovered from his TLPO operation and the Seroma removal he got from the bandage on his leg after the operation. The orthopedic vet said we could start going a little longer on our walks but didn't want him running too much or jumping logs just yet. And of course, B being B both of those are what he'd be doing if we were out there. And to compound things he had a dental cleaning this past Wednesday and while checking him out his regular Vet recommended removing a lump on his side - turns out it was a Lipoma and he now has 14 stitches and has to be kept under control for 10 - 14 days so he doesn't tear them loose. The little guy can't catch a break and it's tough for me to leave him home and go out myself so ..........

I did figure that I can do some trail work and take him along but Giffort Pinchot has a new policy as well as a new Trails Coordinator so waiting for her to get the forms to me to be official. But she did ask if I'd do some trail reports so they can schedule maintenance so next week Bailey and I will be heading into the Wind River canyon and checking out Badger Creek Wilderness (at least part of it) and maybe Falls Creek and the Panther Creek area over the next 2-3 weeks.

I've included a couple of shots of his war wounds for your perusal.
Baileykneeoperation.JPG
Scar from the TPLO operation
Baileyseroma.JPG
Seroma which developed under the bandage after the TPLO
Lymphomaremoval.JPG
Lipoma removal, 14 stitches
Skip