Stress Test

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
anna in boots

Stress Test

Post by anna in boots » November 10th, 2009, 9:29 pm

I am not sure exactly how it works, but it is amazingly accurate. Read the full description before looking at the picture.

The picture below has 2 identical dolphins in it. It was used in a case study on stress level at St. Mary's Hospital.

Look at both dolphins jumping out of the water. The dolphins are identical.

A closely monitored, scientific study of a group revealed that in spite of the fact that the dolphins are identical, a person under stress would find differences in the two dolphins. If there are many differences found between both dolphins, it means that the person is experiencing a great amount of stress.

Look at the photograph and if you find more than one or two differences you may want to take a vacation.

dolphins.jpg
No Need to Reply, I'll be on Vacation.

anna in boots
Current trip reports at All Thoughts Work™ Outdoors
http://allthoughtsworkoutdoors.wordpress.com/

Jane

Re: Stress Test

Post by Jane » November 10th, 2009, 10:19 pm

ha ha, I remember when that email circulated years ago, always makes me chuckle...a vacation indeed, maybe we should roadtrip and meet up with Chris M. in the Southwest! :D

anna in boots

Post by anna in boots » November 10th, 2009, 11:53 pm

Okay, here's the real one.

The pictures attached are used to test the level of stress a person can handle. The slower the pictures move, the better your ability of handling stress.

Alleged criminals that were tested see them spinning around madly; however, senior citizens and kids see them standing still. One teacher said, "I felt like they were all moving...but slowly. Kinda like they were breathing."

None of these images are animated - they are perfectly static. Open them to full size for the full effect. Trippy.
stress1.gif
stress2.gif
stress3.gif
anna in boots

baker9903

Post by baker9903 » November 11th, 2009, 12:30 am

That is the weirdest thing ever!! They seem to move when I don't focus on the image. When I focus on a part of the image, it stays still while the rest of the image appears to move slowly. What is going on in my head to make me feel it moving? trippy indeed

Excursionista

Post by Excursionista » November 11th, 2009, 12:47 am

NOT cool, Anna, NOT cool. I'm never gonna sleep now. Must make them stop... stop moving... gaaaa!

(I'm so going to use one of these as my desktop at work... :D )

anna in boots

Post by anna in boots » November 11th, 2009, 2:43 am

Excursionista wrote:(I'm so going to use one of these as my desktop at work... :D )
Okay, but don't tell them it's a stress test. Tell them it has something to do with sexual potency or something. (heh, heh)

anna in boots