it appears I still park like a dick, in spite of previous counselling

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Chip Down

it appears I still park like a dick, in spite of previous counselling

Post by Chip Down » August 19th, 2023, 6:14 pm

Once again, a note on my windshield informed me I'm a dick.

First to arrive, I started at one end, not in the middle. As close to the edge as I could, but got out and checked, a bit too close to trail, especially considering I don't want drunks walking past my car with their folding chairs and whatnot. So tried again, a couple feet over, perpendicular to rocky edge, parallel to trail. There, perfect.

Got back to my car hours later and realized I was out of alignment with others. Later arrivers were a bit askew, relative to me. Okay, so the edge isn't exactly straight, wanders a bit. This ain't a Fred Meyer parking lot. So I think I parked well relative to my immediate surroundings, but maybe not ideal when taking the entire lot into account.

Note on my windshield:
3 cars could have parked where you chose to be a dick

That's not even possible. Unless I deliberately parked perpendicular to the standard configuration, and deliberately parked 6 feet from the end, it's not possible I took three spaces.

Anyway, since I can't seem to help being a dick, I suppose I can at least try to make amends somehow. No sarcasm here, I seriously intend to start leaving nice notes on cars at trailheads. Doesn't have to be anything elaborate, just "sexy Jeep!" or "good choice on those wheels, looks great". Hopefully I can earn enough karma points there to offset my parking dickishness.
Attachments
20230819_174812.jpg

Aimless

Re: it appears I still park like a dick, in spite of previous counselling

Post by Aimless » August 19th, 2023, 7:08 pm

That's telling 'em. :D

retired jerry

Re: it appears I still park like a dick, in spite of previous counselling

Post by retired jerry » August 20th, 2023, 5:28 am

"I seriously intend to start leaving nice notes on cars at trailheads"

great idea

the solution to our problems is more love