Country Sheriff in the mountains

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Jbar290

Country Sheriff in the mountains

Post by Jbar290 » February 10th, 2023, 11:27 pm

Someone stole a white pickup truck at the grouse vista trailhead area. I was exploring the silver star mine trail and emerged to find a white suburban pulling up from the east. I talked to the officer and he didn’t ask for my nsme, license, discover pass nothing. He asked if i saw a white dodge coming down and then asked if this road spit out somewhere else.

I told him about the merc and bear prarie and he went ahead infront of us. We trailed him until he pulled over and let us pass. He told us to call 911 if we see the missing vehicle. We go ahead. I saw a white pickup truck through the trees coming my direction which scared me. I stop in my tracks and ready my holster, but i see its a ford ranger. I flag him and tell him about the cop, he says he saw the dodge coming down driving erradicly. We exchange maps and numbers then carry along.

I imagine they got the guy since the only road off the mountain is 412th street in bear prairie. If he wasn’t caught there then Washougal river road is the only way out

Chip Down

Re: Country Sheriff in the mountains

Post by Chip Down » February 20th, 2023, 7:31 pm

If you're going to take a longish drive for the express purpose of stealing a vehicle, it's better to make the drive to Portland. Cops won't bother you here.