Inactive members: where are they now?

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Peabody

Re: Inactive members: where are they now?

Post by Peabody » May 17th, 2022, 9:22 pm

I made it all the way to Stage 9
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » May 18th, 2022, 6:29 am

I bounce around through Peabody stages #4 to #8

MarkInTheDark

Post by MarkInTheDark » May 30th, 2022, 6:58 pm

Does anyone know what happened to member Grannyhiker? Those were some great reports...

Aimless

Post by Aimless » May 30th, 2022, 7:07 pm

I've seen some posts from her on another board in the past half year, but I think she found some of the posters on this board uncongenial and she's unlikely to come back here. She's slowing down, but still gets out as much and as far as she's able.

acorn woodpecker

Post by acorn woodpecker » June 3rd, 2022, 12:26 pm

Been at stage 9 for a while now. Raising a family has significantly reduced my time to hike and energy to make TRs. I still check the site regularly. FB is a no go for me. Off trail TRs are a slippery slope (pun intended) with publicly posting info. Like Charley said, this type of forum is most preferable to sharing information and having a loose knit community, even if it is falling into antiquity. The pendulum may yet swing back to forums like this some day.

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » June 3rd, 2022, 4:57 pm

Well, grannyhiker occasionally lurks here to see if anything interesting is happening, mostly to admire the many photos of flowers and scenery. She is actually now a great-granny, twice over, and her "hiking" is now
limited to around the block with a walker, or, on occasion, getting as close to the various Gorge waterfalls as is possible with wheels. Old age has a way of catching up in due time. Thanks to my friends for remembering me; most of them seem to have disappeared.

Limey

Post by Limey » June 3rd, 2022, 7:50 pm

Hi Grannyhiker, sure good to hear from you. I miss your contributions to this forum. Glad to hear you're still getting around some.

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » June 3rd, 2022, 9:27 pm

Hey Grannyhiker, it's good to see you on here again. We need some kind of "emeritus" designation for people still here from the olden days - almost everyone who was using the forum when I joined (13 years ago, I think) is long gone, and I wasn't even here for the really old .com forum! Congrats on great-granny-dom. :)
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » June 4th, 2022, 6:09 am

Good to hear that GH is doing well.

Yeah, I am finding out that age has a way of catching up but I keep trying to stay ahead of it.

She turned me onto backpackinglight.com which I now waste too much time on. (And get useful info from)

Water

Post by Water » June 4th, 2022, 9:32 am

Grannyhiker, great to hear from you. I've thought of you often. As the mrs and I went to the Winds in 2015 and I finally grasped the scope of all your childhood (iirc) adventures there, and then thought of you as we got a dog in 2016 and again this year. Glad to hear you are still being as active as you are able!
Feel Free to Feel Free