watermelon up Kilimanjaro

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Chip Down

watermelon up Kilimanjaro

Post by Chip Down » February 7th, 2021, 4:15 pm

What kind of pompous jerk carries a watermelon up a mountain just for bragging rights?
Hey everybody, look at me! :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgK6O9d ... ex=5&t=59s

Video is moderately interesting, but there are lots of Kilimanjaro vids out there, so this is mostly for people into watermelon.

So as to avoid offending any snowflakes, I'll state that this post is kind of an inside joke, not to be taken too seriously. Although I really did find this guy annoying. The video would have been so much more amusing if he had presented it as just another Kilimanjaro video, with no mention of the watermelon, as if it's completely normal.
Attachments
watermelon.jpg
First quote was the climber, but could just as easily have been uttered by the guide, or even the watermelon. Regarding the second quote: Buddy, there's a porter/guide in front of you with a 60 lb pack, chopping steps with an ice axe so you can safely stroll up with treking poles. Cry me a river.

Kay Burton

Re: watermelon up Kilimanjaro

Post by Kay Burton » February 8th, 2021, 1:33 am

But he drew attention to himself by an extraordinary act. Even if this is utter nonsense, but he was in the spotlight. Eccentricities take place, but everything is good in moderation. Didn't this strange guy hurt anyone by climbing Kilimanjaro with a watermelon? He did not harm anyone. Next time, for fun, let him climb up with a bag of onions. :lol: