More assinine vandalism

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Limey

More assinine vandalism

Post by Limey » September 5th, 2016, 6:35 am

From Oregon Live

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... ncart_2box

And they went into an off limits area to do it.

pdxgene

Re: More assinine vandalism

Post by pdxgene » September 5th, 2016, 10:59 am

My guess is once they get id'd and their names become public, and that's almost guaranteed with the video and pending charges, they're gonna be one very very unhappy group of vandals.
Facebook isn't being very kind to them either... :lol: I'd guess it'd also be the same for the other various forms of social media too.

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » September 5th, 2016, 8:19 pm

Probably the worst vandalism I've ever seen. So much worse than graffiti, arson, etc.
I wonder how long it would have lasted if it had been left alone. Another year? A decade?
appears to have been toppled intentionally
Oh...I suppose the alternative interpretation is that it started bobbling spontaneously, and those courageous young men rushed in to attempt stabilizing it, but failed to do so.

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » September 7th, 2016, 10:35 pm

This really makes me angry. I hope a few of these punks' peers are even more angry and deliver a savage bar-soap-in-a-sock beatdown to these dimwits.

By the way that area is not off limits, it's just signed as dangerous, as it well should be.

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » September 8th, 2016, 6:52 pm

Webfoot wrote:By the way that area is not off limits, it's just signed as dangerous, as it well should be.
Interesting distinction. I was surprised when I learned that the fence and signs are just a suggestion, not enforceable. My understanding is if you get caught out there, you'll be counselled, but no possibility of a citation.

Guy

Post by Guy » September 9th, 2016, 4:53 am

Chip Down wrote:
Webfoot wrote:By the way that area is not off limits, it's just signed as dangerous, as it well should be.
Interesting distinction. I was surprised when I learned that the fence and signs are just a suggestion, not enforceable. My understanding is if you get caught out there, you'll be counselled, but no possibility of a citation.

It's a distinction I'd actually like to see more off.

There are signs to warn you of the danger, there is a barrier to prevent you from going there accidentally but if you do choose to visit it's your responsibility and not the states fault if you fall off into the surf.

Photo Taken (from a safe distance) January 4th 2014
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

Martell

Post by Martell » September 9th, 2016, 7:54 am

This story is along the same lines, although the process was slower and involved more people.
https://www.facebook.com/opalcreekfores ... 1078439412
-Dan
Site Tech Helper