Underage drinking? Oh, the horror!

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
Chip Down

Underage drinking? Oh, the horror!

Post by Chip Down » July 5th, 2016, 6:51 pm

If you saw this sign, would you call the sheriff and say "I saw some people who may be under 21 and may be consuming alcohol", or would you smile and sigh "ah, good times"?

BTW, it's trailhead, one word.
Attachments
ethanol21.jpg

texasbb

Re: Underage drinking? Oh, the horror!

Post by texasbb » July 6th, 2016, 5:53 am

I have no idea what's behind that sign, but between the school problems, social problems, legal problems, physical problems, sexual problems, safety problems, and deaths that stem from underage drinking, I wouldn't take the sign's request lightly.

And yes, trailhead is one word, despite the fact that this forum's software doesn't recognize it as such. :D

Chip Down

Re: Underage drinking? Oh, the horror!

Post by Chip Down » July 6th, 2016, 6:23 am

texasbb wrote:I have no idea what's behind that sign, but between the school problems, social problems, legal problems, physical problems, sexual problems, safety problems, and deaths that stem from underage drinking, I wouldn't take the sign's request lightly.
My first thought regarding "sexual problems" was that alcohol hinders performance, at which I scoffed. I think the poor teens will get over that. :lol:
But then realized you certainly meant some of the really bad sexual stuff that happens to people when alcohol is involved (rape, deciding not to bother with a condom, posting pics, breaking vows, and, on a lighter note, settling).