Cascade Locks has ice cream again!

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
justpeachy

Cascade Locks has ice cream again!

Post by justpeachy » May 7th, 2016, 4:40 pm

It's been several years since Cascade Locks has had a place to get an ice cream cone (nothing against soft serve, but it just doesn't do it for me like ice cream does). Two months ago Locks of Dogs & Treats opened up next to the post office, across from the grocery store. We stopped by today after a hot hike up on Hardy Ridge and enjoyed some of their delicious ice cream (plus there was no line like there was over at the East Wind Drive-In). They also do hot dogs. Here's hoping they get lots of business and stick around!

adamschneider

Re: Cascade Locks has ice cream again!

Post by adamschneider » May 7th, 2016, 4:53 pm

That might be nice when in the middle of the Gorge... but if I'm any further east, wild horses will not keep me away from Mike's in Hood River. :)

Born2BBrad

Post by Born2BBrad » May 7th, 2016, 5:58 pm

justpeachy wrote:plus there was no line like there was over at the East Wind Drive-In
It takes so long to get ice cream at the East Wind Drive-In that I stopped going there. It's good there is now an alternative.
Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
- Jean Luc Picard

Link to GPX tracks
Link to Trip Reports

Peder

Post by Peder » May 7th, 2016, 10:35 pm

Born2BBrad wrote:It takes so long to get ice cream at the East Wind Drive-In that I stopped going there. It's good there is now an alternative.
Brad - The long line can be very useful: When my kids were smaller we would go from the Herman Creek TH to the Pinnacles and the Dry Creek Falls and end at East Wind Drive-In. The kid(s) would line up for ice-cream while I hiked back for the car. That kept them busy while waiting for my return!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

BigBear

Post by BigBear » May 9th, 2016, 1:52 pm

This is good news indeed. Ok, now you can delete the post before any one else reads it and gets in line in front of me.