Toketee Falls by Air

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
forester

Toketee Falls by Air

Post by forester » August 14th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Great footage, but the really good stuff is really short. That area above the falls is unreal...

mjirving

Re: Toketee Falls by Air

Post by mjirving » August 16th, 2015, 8:16 pm

I love that falls, but wow, the falls behind the falls was incredible. Very interesting to see the behind the scenes footage of flying the drone too. Very nerve wracking flying what's probably a $3,000+ drone in that area where one mistake is bye bye drone!

jdemott

Post by jdemott » August 17th, 2015, 8:43 am

The video is cool, but it would be seriously annoying to visit a scenic, natural location and be confronted with a loudly buzzing drone. I'd probably be thinking about getting some sort of anti-aircraft weapon.

mjirving

Post by mjirving » August 17th, 2015, 9:40 am

Note that they appeared to go at a time when no one was there which I'm fine with. I completely agree if there were other people there.

miah66

Post by miah66 » August 17th, 2015, 11:07 am

When visiting, you can kind of tell that there is something cool up there in that little slot above the falls. Cool to actually see it, but I agree with the sentiment that generally I don't want to see them while hiking. Unfortunately what you hear isn't soothing piano music! :lol:
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

xrp

Post by xrp » August 17th, 2015, 3:26 pm

jdemott wrote:The video is cool, but it would be seriously annoying to visit a scenic, natural location and be confronted with a loudly buzzing drone. I'd probably be thinking about getting some sort of anti-aircraft weapon.
I can foresee problems if these start failing in hard to reach areas. Just think if a few drones start littering the landscape and there's no way to retrieve them.

BigBear

Post by BigBear » August 19th, 2015, 10:46 am

Personally, I hate drones.

However, I may have to rethink this stance when I saw your video on Toketee Falls. I think that kind of use is legitimate. It was nice to see what is back up that canyon.

But I will stick with my stance that if one of them flies over my backyard, then it's mine to take apart and scatter as I see fit.