What Does Your PH User Name and/or Avatar Mean?

Chat about non-hiking topics. The least serious of the forums on the site!
potato

Re: What Does Your PH User Name and/or Avatar Mean?

Post by potato » May 22nd, 2012, 8:59 am

Cool Matt, it has been a little while, mais je parle un petit peu de français... je l'ai étudié pendant trois ans. (j'ai l'étudié?)

And yes I had to do some research to remember the passé composé conjugation, the word "pendant", and to look up if it's "de français" or "du français", and I'm sure I still made mistakes :D
Last edited by potato on May 22nd, 2012, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
self observing universe (main blog)
Joe hikes (PCT blog)
Laws of Nature (bandcamp)

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » May 22nd, 2012, 9:00 am

Yup, Yo T-Roy what up dawg!! :)

mattisnotfrench

Post by mattisnotfrench » May 22nd, 2012, 12:03 pm

theradpotato wrote:Cool Matt, it has been a little while, mais je parle un petit peu de français... je l'ai étudié pendant trois ans. (j'ai l'étudié?)

And yes I had to do some research to remember the passé composé conjugation, the word "pendant", and to look up if it's "de français" or "du français", and I'm sure I still made mistakes :D
Je l'ai étudié pendant trois ans is correct. :)
Author of Extraordinary Oregon!, PDX Hiking 365, 101 Hikes in the Majestic Mount Jefferson Region, and Off the Beaten Trail. Website: www.offthebeatentrailpdx.com

OneSpeed

Post by OneSpeed » May 23rd, 2012, 7:40 am

I got the trail name "OneSpeed" on a thru-hike of the Oregon PCT in 2005. First, somebody said that no matter what the terrain, I only have one speed. Then they saw me go up a hill slowly, and assumed I would go down it faster, but when I also went down slowly, they said I "hike like a guy on a one-speed bike." (Try tearing down a hill on a one-speed sometime).

So it's not because I have one speed and it's "go," as some people have thought. I ain't fast. Just steady.

My avatar is me on top of Mount Whitney in 2010.

weathercrazy

Post by weathercrazy » May 23rd, 2012, 6:53 pm

My name is pretty self explanatory!!!

The data behind the name? I probably have more data spreadsheets than some small businesses.

I can tell you the weather for any day back to December 1st, 1995 :)...and all off of my own data, not the internet. Although now I also store data online as another back up.

My hiking, weather and photography passions go together VERY well!

The picture? Me at Wahkeena Creek...several years ago now that I look at it...

TJ_T

Post by TJ_T » May 23rd, 2012, 7:00 pm

Mine is... my name.

My photo is me on the Eagle-Tanner cutoff last summer.

Pleasure!
I take pictures sometimes. And sometimes I post them here:
http://www.tjthornephotography.com
and
http://500px.com/TjThorne
and
https://www.facebook.com/tjthornephotography

Excursionista

Post by Excursionista » May 24th, 2012, 12:17 am

In 2006 I quit my job and flew to Barcelona to meet my best friend who was studying there. After his classes ended, we backpacked for a month and half all over the continent. On that trip, we called ourselves "Excursionistas," the Spanish word for hiker.

Or so I've been led to believe. I don't speak Sanish and I wouldn't put it past my friend to pull a joke on me... Regardless, I used the word as my avatar when signing up here.

My pic is a self-portrait at sunset on a beautiful November day at the tip of Cape Kiwanda. I had to crop out a beer. My beard is still the same size, but my hair is now half-way down my back...

This is a great thread. :)

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » May 24th, 2012, 5:00 am

Peder wrote:
HeadIdiot wrote:My avatar photo is my first ever walking stick that I made while I was on my Wahtum Lake through hike and needed a support =D. Now it's my loaner/backup stick lol.
Ha! I always thought your avatar was a picture of some monster crack in the Utah desert, now I find that it is just a walking stick. :o
Ha ha! I did too.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir