Spirit Lake Area Hiking

This is a forum for trip reports that pre-date the Portland Hikers forum, trail photos from pre-digital era, or any other discussions that focus on trail history.
HenryG

Re: Spirit Lake Area Hiking

Post by HenryG » October 13th, 2012, 9:38 pm

Wow! Thanks for the pictures.

I spent a summer and the Boy Scout Camp and did the hike up through Norway Pass, around Mt Margaret, back to the other end of the lake. 1971

I wonder when Mt St Helens will look like that again?

To get to a fairly uniform 50+ year old tree stand I give it about 75 years !!!!!

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » October 13th, 2012, 9:55 pm

How coincidental, HenryG!

I did the same thing the same year.

Wow, even more coincidental, I thought the same thing about the pictures.

And even more coincidental, you chose the exact same text as my post, except you added a line at the end.

Let's see, you're going to append a link to your signature or something for search engine optimization?

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » October 14th, 2012, 5:09 am

Oh, maybe you were quoting me and adding that comment and you're not a spammer, sorry

I see spam everywhere :)

Many times a spammer copy/pastes from someone else's post and then adds some links to "wedding dresses" or something else not hiking related.

Peder

Post by Peder » October 14th, 2012, 12:13 pm

retired jerry wrote:Many times a spammer copy/pastes from someone else's post and then adds some links to "wedding dresses" or something else not hiking related.
Jerry - You have obviously not been following this guy! He and his wedding dress seems to have gone missing somewhere in Washington; his last blog post is from September 3.
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards » December 19th, 2012, 6:40 am

Spammers are getting more creative.
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.