Red Enemy 1922 footage of Mt. Hood fire lookout, Lost Lake

This is a forum for trip reports that pre-date the Portland Hikers forum, trail photos from pre-digital era, or any other discussions that focus on trail history.
Chase

Red Enemy 1922 footage of Mt. Hood fire lookout, Lost Lake

Post by Chase » August 12th, 2012, 11:14 am

Interesting film from 90 years ago. Most of you will want to skip to the 12:05 mark and watch to the end.

Peabody

Re: Red Enemy 1922 footage of Mt. Hood fire lookout, Lost La

Post by Peabody » August 12th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Great post! Took me a minute to figure out the sound. :lol: At the 3 minute mark is a clip that belongs in the Arcophobia thread. :shock:
"I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
― E.B. White

payslee

Post by payslee » August 15th, 2012, 9:19 am

THANKS! That whole film was totally engrossing! Where did it come from? How on earth did you find it in digital form, or did you digitize it yourself?

I'd watch that whole thing again but have to work (coincidentally, on some research into an abandoned mill site).

I kept wanting to tell the guys in the film to put on their hard hats and safety glasses :-)

-payslee

Chase

Post by Chase » August 15th, 2012, 9:50 am

Oh, no, I didn't have anything to do with it. Someone else uploaded it to YouTube and I just stumbled upon it (don't ask me how because it is embarrassing how much time and energy I put into finding stuff I'm looking for). :oops: