HIKING DOG NEEDS A HOME!

Classifieds are for posting non-commercial offers of goods and services among forum members related to hiking, hiking gear and other directly related items of interest. All new topics require moderator approval.
Misstanner2023

HIKING DOG NEEDS A HOME!

Post by Misstanner2023 » April 20th, 2023, 11:01 am

Hi everyone! I’m new here but very excited to be here and meet all of you. It’s so wonderful to have this amazing resource!

I’m mainly writing today because my husband and I are fostering a dog and we are looking for a home for this amazing rescue dog. She is an incredible dog, having somehow survived for weeks and possibly months outdoors on her own through the winter, even through the crazy storms that Portland got in March.

She is currently dog reactive (likely because she could have been attacked by coyotes while she was on the run) but we just took her to her first training session and she ended it by laying on a cot with two other dogs. They say it will take her three lessons and she'll be good.

I'm writing to y’all here because her trainer said she would do best out in the outdoors...with a hiker or a snowboarder or skier. Someone who can give her lots of time outside. (She seems to prefer men, but could also work with any gender.) So...I thought I would write to you to see if anyone here or in your networks is interested and if you could share this with your networks?

I will tell you that she is an absolutely amazing dog already with humans and is fully house trained, catches everything you throw at her, and listens to every command you give her. She is incredibly affectionate towards humans too. Loyal as the day is long. And you have never, ever felt a coat like hers. She's really amazing.

So, here is a link to her posting on Petfinder https://www.petfinder.com/dog/tanner-62 ... ven-or384/ and a posting for the Facebook page from rescue that is facilitating her re-homing: https://rb.gy/x88hm. I can also send anyone who wants one a flyer that we're hoping you might share via email and/or posting on your local community bulletin boards. We will also cover the cost of additional training sessions as the trainer has agreed to do it for free because she's such an amazing dog.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU and let us know if you need any more information.

Jessie
Last edited by Misstanner2023 on April 20th, 2023, 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

retired jerry

Re: HIKING DOG NEEDS A HOME!

Post by retired jerry » April 20th, 2023, 11:26 am

Misstanner2023

Post by Misstanner2023 » April 20th, 2023, 12:20 pm

Isn't she the cutest?!

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » April 20th, 2023, 1:38 pm

yeah, definitely cute

BaileyBoy

Post by BaileyBoy » May 1st, 2023, 10:46 am

Thanks so much for posting this Jerry, very thoughtful. I can't adopt the dog but have passed the info to my neighbors who have lost their dog in the past few months.
I still have Buddy and he's insists on being the main and only dog in the family.
Thanks again for being so caring.