WTB: down bag/quilt

Classifieds are for posting non-commercial offers of goods and services among forum members related to hiking, hiking gear and other directly related items of interest. All new topics require moderator approval.
potato

WTB: down bag/quilt

Post by potato » April 27th, 2015, 6:36 pm

Hey, I'm looking for a down bag or quilt, hopefully under 26 oz and with a rating of ~20 degrees F.
I have a quilt from hammockgear.com and it's served me OK but I'm interested to see what other options might be out there.
self observing universe (main blog)
Joe hikes (PCT blog)
Laws of Nature (bandcamp)

turtle

Re: WTB: down bag/quilt

Post by turtle » May 1st, 2015, 5:44 pm

Have you looked at Enlightened Equipment? Many choices and reasonable prices.
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit

AAdamsPDX

Post by AAdamsPDX » May 1st, 2015, 9:53 pm

Turtle took the words right out of my mouth! Currently looking at their Enigma quilt for myself. You can choose the rating (from 0 to 50 degrees in 10 degree increments). The short/slim 30 degree quilt is listed at 14.4 ounces. Yes, please!

Will look forward to your report on whatever you find.
"The world begins where the road ends." ~Eddie Vedder
http://www.hriggsphotography.com/

potato

Post by potato » May 3rd, 2015, 6:22 pm

Thanks for the info. It looks like the quilts don't ship for 7-8 weeks though, and I'm leaving in about 2 weeks so I don't think that will work out. Maybe I could order it now and switch when it arrives though.
self observing universe (main blog)
Joe hikes (PCT blog)
Laws of Nature (bandcamp)

turtle

Post by turtle » May 3rd, 2015, 8:30 pm

Check the used gear forum on backpackinglight.com Gear Swap. It is a very active forum so look frequently. Katabatic, Enlightened, and Z-packs and other quilts are frequently listed. Have an awesome time on the PCT; try to avoid the fires.:D
Summer breezes caressed me, my legs stepped forward as though possessed of their own appetite, and the mountains kept promising. Rebecca Solnit