WTB - Oregon map for Garmin

Classifieds are for posting non-commercial offers of goods and services among forum members related to hiking, hiking gear and other directly related items of interest. All new topics require moderator approval.
Paul

Re: WTB - Oregon map for Garmin

Post by Paul » September 25th, 2013, 9:22 pm

Downloaded and got it working from my map. These maps are all terrible after using Google. I wish I could get the Google based map in my 60CSx...
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- Will Rogers

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » September 25th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Paul wrote:Downloaded and got it working from my map. These maps are all terrible after using Google. I wish I could get the Google based map in my 60CSx...
While the 60csx has been a great solid workhorse unit, you will need to finally upgrade to a newer
unit to see raster based maps aka Custom Maps in a Garmin handheld. But even then the .jpg
raster image can look pix-elated when zoomed in to far and scrolling the map on your handheld is
sluggish at best, but still cool to be able to load a old USGS geo tagged .jpg into a unit and hunt
down old abandoned trail alignments.

Maybe you could try hiking with a iPad or something if you want to see Google style maps out there?

Paul

Post by Paul » September 25th, 2013, 9:44 pm

Last year I took my Android hunting, but this year it started shutting off when not plugged in. Seeing the sattelite images was fantastic. Great for the dirt tracks and meadows.

Just trying to get the GPS working so at least I know where I am. :lol:
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
- Will Rogers