Backpacking - plant loving volunteers sought: Olympic NP

Classifieds are for posting non-commercial offers of goods and services among forum members related to hiking, hiking gear and other directly related items of interest. All new topics require moderator approval.
payslee

Backpacking - plant loving volunteers sought: Olympic NP

Post by payslee » May 14th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Hi all,

Reposting this from my Nature Conservancy volunteer newletter - don't think I'll be able to take time off work to do this, but wish I could...

Field Mapping with Institute for Natural Resources at PSU

Help gather accuracy assessments and ecological data in the Olympic Mountains for a vegetation mapping project. We are seeking volunteers who can commit to participating in a weeklong backpacking trip in Olympic National Park during one of these times: Aug. 13—20; Aug. 27—Sept. 3; or Sept. 10—17.

The work is physically demanding and often in harsh weather. Work days are typically 10 hours and require backpacking in remote locations with a heavy pack. This is a great opportunity for an experienced outdoor adventurer who wants to learn more about PNW ecology. To apply please submit a short cover letter detailing your plant ID and field experience to Matt at [email protected]. Deadline: June 10