Starvation Ridge Cutoff Trail?

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
Webfoot

Starvation Ridge Cutoff Trail?

Post by Webfoot » April 10th, 2022, 4:31 pm

The Field Guide says:
"As of July 2018, the Starvation Creek Cutoff Trail #414B had been closed due to a dangerous slide."

A USFS page says: "Starvation Ridge Cut-off trail #1414B, managed by Oregon State Parks, is closed due to a washout on the trail."

It is still closed. I cannot find an Oregon State Parks statement on the trail. Does anyone know if this trail is going to be repaired or abandoned?

bobcat

Re: Starvation Ridge Cutoff Trail?

Post by bobcat » April 11th, 2022, 7:39 pm

It's still an active slide on a steep slope and there's not much incentive to do a proper fix, which would involve major work (although it may be easier to navigate now than just before they closed it, when I swung across the slide like a gibbon grabbing on to exposed roots). I know they didn't want TKO to do anything with it.

At some point, we'll probably have to rewrite several FG hikes to route around the Ridge Cutoff Trail.

Webfoot

Re: Starvation Ridge Cutoff Trail?

Post by Webfoot » April 12th, 2022, 6:52 am

bobcat wrote:
April 11th, 2022, 7:39 pm
(although it may be easier to navigate now than just before they closed it, when I swung across the slide like a gibbon grabbing on to exposed roots)
:lol: