Paradise Trail - significant tree fall.

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
adamschneider

Re: Paradise Trail - significant tree fall.

Post by adamschneider » July 7th, 2019, 9:55 pm

yuda wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 5:43 pm
Has anybody done this trail yet this year? I’m considering paradise park via this trail because the prospect of walking up through the different stages of forest on the mountain appeals to me.
You could go up from the Ramona Falls Trailhead. It's a bit farther, but the PCT/Timberline Trail is better-maintained.

Latherdome

Re: Paradise Trail - significant tree fall.

Post by Latherdome » July 21st, 2019, 3:33 pm

adamschneider wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 9:55 pm
yuda wrote:
July 7th, 2019, 5:43 pm
Has anybody done this trail yet this year? I’m considering paradise park via this trail because the prospect of walking up through the different stages of forest on the mountain appeals to me.
You could go up from the Ramona Falls Trailhead. It's a bit farther, but the PCT/Timberline Trail is better-maintained.
I just got back from the Paradise Trail / Park / Hidden Lake loop. The tree fall was pretty gnarly. Fortunately there were red streamers tied to orient through/around it. Several times I had to slither on my belly to get under stuff I couldn’t get over. Bring your yoga/gymnastics skills. The streamers don’t really try to trace the original trail, but to route you around it bushwhacking. Then when you’re good and lost the streamers stop :-). Fortunately I had GPS, so saw that if I headed upslope I was bound to hit the trail again, and after maybe 150M i did. So, passable if you are up for adventure.

First time I’d been up in Paradise Park. Man, that was gorgeous.